Please Sign In/Out at the Front Office
Algodones Elementary Welcomes Visitors, but please sign in at the front office prior to entering our school and please follow the guidelines below. This is for the safety of our children and staff. Thank you.
Guidelines from our Student/Family Handbook:
"Parent Classroom Visitation:
? Having parents visit the classroom is an important part of the elementary school experience. The Algodones Elementary School staff values the concept of parents as partners in education, and understands that the student's education extends beyond the school. Parents will have the option of signing up to assist as a room parent for special projects and parties, joining Parent Groups and performing special school activities, helping with science fairs, and volunteering time to assist on fieldtrips. It is up to the individual teacher to determine his/her classroom needs and to make any necessary arrangements for parent volunteer assistance.
? Parents wishing to visit the classroom to observe specific academic instruction need to visit with the building principal for approval. Parents must provide 24-hour notice and state the purpose of the visit (identify what you wish to accomplish by the visit). The decision is entirely up to the building principal based on the purpose of the request. This rule is for the protection of all students and the instructional program. Many children in the classroom setting receive special services (ELL, Special Education, Title, Speech, etc.) during the school day due to their individual academic needs, and this information is extremely confidential. Due to FERPA (Federal Law), requests will be closely scrutinized to ensure the safety and confidentiality of our student population, along with their individual programming needs. This type of request is different then volunteering time to help with a classroom project, party, or fieldtrip. If you are granted permission to visit a classroom to watch specific academic instruction, you must follow these rules:
- Sign in at the office to receive a nametag and be directed to the classroom.
- Refrain from engaging the attention of teachers or students through conversation or other means.
- Not record data that is considered confidential about how other children are learning or the services they are receiving based on IEP and other criteria.
- Remain inconspicuous and non-disruptive to the instructional process.
- You are not there to judge the teacher's ability to teach and are there to work with the teacher to best help your own child.
- Parent visitations are limited to only one class period during the school day.
- When leaving the classroom - confidentiality and FERPA Law bind you. The main purpose of a visit is for individual parents to gather information on their own child to better help the educational process."
Please see Algodones Student Handbook for more information.