AVONWORTH HIGH SCHOOL
Senior Activities and Commencement Guidelines
We appreciate your understanding and help throughout this past year, and we look forward to your participation in the commencement ceremony. Participation, however, is a privilege that requires cooperation from all students. To take part in the commencement ceremony, students must comply with the following rules:
- Only seniors who have met Avonworth graduation requirements will be permitted to participate in the practices and ceremony.
- All school rules and policies apply to practices and the commencement ceremony. Any violation will result in exclusion from the ceremony.
- Students are not permitted to eat, drink, or chew gum during practices or the ceremony.
- Attendance is mandatory at all practices. Students who fail to attend any practice will be excluded from the commencement ceremony. Students must arrive promptly and remain in attendance for the entire practice.
Friday, May 19 Prom – Carnegie Music Hall (6:30 – 10:30 PM). Promenade begins at 4:00 PM in High School Auditorium; registration begins at
Tuesday, May 16 Graduation Project Exhibition 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Friday, May 26 Senior trip to Cedar Point 7:30 AM – 11:30 PM
May 24, 25 , 30 Final exams
Tuesday, May 30 Baccalaureate at Community Presbyterian Church of Ben Avon 7:00 PM
Wednesday, May 31 Mandatory graduation practice 10:00 AM (meet on Lenzner Field)
Senior picnic immediately following
Thursday, June 1 Report 7:20 AM for the academic awards assembly
Friday, June 2 Report to Lenzner Field at 6:00 PM. (GRADUATION ceremony begins at 7:00 PM. All seniors must park at the bottom of Josephs Lane and take the shuttle bus to the high school, or must be dropped off.
- For gentlemen, dress slacks, collared white dress shirt, tie, and appropriate dress shoes and dark socks are required.
- For ladies, dresses/skirts and appropriate dress shoes are required.
- Gowns should be clean and pressed.
- Honor students should wear gold cords around their necks.
- No sunglasses.