Beardstown CUSD # 15
Regular Board of Education Meeting
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
High School Library
If you need an accommodation to participate in this meeting please call the Board of Education Office at (217) 323-3099 no later than 3:00 p.m. on April 19, 2016.
- I. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance, President Jack Fearneyhough
- II. Roll call, Secretary Kim Watson
- III. Agenda Additions
- IV. Public Questions and Comments (time limit - 3 minutes per person)
- V. Committee Reports
- VI. Administrators & Athletic Director Reports
- VII. Action Items
1. Regular Meeting Minutes – March 16, 2016
2. Special BOE Meeting Minutes - March 30, 2016
3. Bills and Payroll
4. Treasurer’s Report
5. Investment, Loan, and Transfer
- A. Recommend approval of amending the 2015-16 school calendar to switch the end of year Teacher Institute and School Improvement Days. The last day with students would be on the School Improvement Day on Wednesday, May 25 (students dismissed at noon), and the Last Teacher Institute Day would be on Thursday, May 26.
- B. Recommend approving the superintendent to begin preparing a Tentative Budget for the 2017 Fiscal Year.
- C. Recommend adoption of the schedule for regular Board of Education meetings for the 2016-17 school year.
- D. Proposal for a web based Student Information System.
- E. Place on First reading the following Board Policy updates: 6:130, 6:300, 6:300-E2, 7:150, 7:150-AP, 7:190, 7:190-AP2, 7:190-AP3, 7:190-AP4, 7:190-AP7, 7:190-AP8, 7:190-E1, 7:190-E3, 7:190-E4, 7:200, 7:200-E1, 7:200-E2, &;210, 7:210-E1, 7:220, 7:230, 7:240, 7:240-AP2, 7:305 and 7:305-AP.
- VIII. Closed Session For the purpose of discussing personnel matters, student discipline and collective bargaining.
- A. Employ Licet Gonzalez-Ricardo - Spanish Language Facilitator at Gard
- B. Employ Kelly Rogger - Elementary Teacher with commitment to obtain ESL Endorsement
- C. Employ Hannah Lovekamp - Elementary Teacher with ESL Endorsement
- D. Employ Cassie Wankel - Pre-K with commitment to obtain ELL endorsement
- E. Employ Tammee Petersen - Gard Elementary Dean of Students
- F. Employ LeAnna Wilson - Speech Language Pathologist (pending certification)
Approve the following list of extra-curricular volunteers who are
ASEP or Teacher certified (unless noted):
Leave of Absence:
A. Debbie Lynn - effective May 13 with the $1,000 retirement incentive.
A. Kyle Dodson - HS Boys Basketball Asst. JV
B. Lisa Clinton - 3rd Grade Teacher
C. Eric Anderson - MS Football
D. Heather Spears - 1-to-1 Special Education Aide, effective April 29
E. Sarah Hoyt - MS/HS ESL Bilingual Teacher
XI. Discussion Items