Beardstown CUSD # 15
Regular Board of Education Meeting
Wednesday, December 16, 2015
High School Library
If you need an accommodation to participate in this meeting please call the Board of Education Office at (217) 323-3099 no later than 3:00 p.m. on December 15, 2015.
- I. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance, President Jack Fearneyhough
- II. Roll call, Secretary Kim Watson
- III. Agenda Additions
- IV. Public Questions and Comments (time limit - 3 minutes per person)
- V. Committee Reports
- VI. Administrators & Athletic Director Reports
- VII. Action Items
1. Regular Meeting Minutes – November 18, 2015
2. Curriculum Committee Meeting Minutes -
November 16, 2015
3. Bills and Payroll
4. Treasurer’s Report
5. Investment, Loan, and Transfer
- A. Approve the 2015 Tax Levy (collected in the 2016-17 school year).
- B. Adopt the resolution to certify and file the 2015 Tax Levy.
- C. Approve the Abatement Resolutions for the 2005 QZAB Bond, the 2010 QZAB Bond and the 2005 General Obligation Bond.
- D. Approve a three-year lease to purchase agreement with Midwest Bus Services to purchase one (1) 54 passenger bus off of the State contract.
- E. Approve a five-year lease to purchase agreement with Midwest Bus Services to purchase three (3) 71 passenger buses off of the State contract.
- F. Set date for High School Graduation.
- G. Select dates to begin meeting with Steve Clark of IASB to begin the Targeting Achievement through Governance training.
- VIII. Closed Session For the purpose of discussing personnel matters, student discipline and collective bargaining.
A. Employ Ashley Goerlich - Special Education Teacher at Gard
B. Employ Evan Sheppard - Ag Teacher
C. Employ Mitch McElroy - MS/HS Wrestling Assistant
D. Employ Blake Gand - MS/HS Math Teacher
Approve the following list of extra-curricular volunteers who are
ASEP or Teacher certified (unless noted):
A. Evan Sheppard - FFA
B. John Gutmann - MS & HS Track
A. Trista Barrett - Speech Language Pathologist
B. Tyler Buhlig - Head Football Coach and Summer
C. Robin Deacon - Asst. HS Football
XI. Discussion Items