Beardstown CUSD # 15
Regular Board of Education Meeting
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
High School Library
IF YOU NEED AN ACCOMODATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS MEETING PLEASE CALL THE BOARD OF EDUCATION OFFICE (217) 323-3099 NO LATER THAN 3:00 p.m. ON JUNE 23, 2015.
- Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance, President Jack Fearneyhough
- Roll call, Secretary Kim Watson
- Agenda Additions
- Public Questions and Comments (time limit - 3 minutes per person)
- Committee Reports
- Personnel - June 18, 2015
- Administrators & Athletic Director Reports
- Action Items
1. Regular Meeting Minutes – May 27, 2015
2. Personnel Committee - June 18, 2015
3. Extra-Curricular Committee Meeting Minutes -
June 1, 2015
4. Bills and Payroll
5. Treasurer’s Report
6. Investment, Loan, and Transfer
- Gard Elementary HVAC project update.
- Approve Gard asphalt work bid from Spoon River Blacktop (only bid received).
- Recommend approval of the Gard School Parent/Student Handbook for 2015-16. (Tabled at the May BOE 2015 meeting)
- Recommend approving the fee schedule for the 2015-16 school year.
- Recommend setting the mileage reimbursement rate at $0.575 for the 2015-16 school year (Federal Government rate).
- Recommend adopting the Prevailing Wage Rate Resolution complying with all Illinois Department of Labor regulations applicable to Beardstown CUSD #15 for the 2015-16 school year. A copy will be posted in the Board of Education Office.
- Recommend setting School Registration for the 2015-16 school year for August 5 & 6, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. both days.
- Determine action to take regarding the Washington School property site that is excess property now that the Charter School is closed. (Tabled at the April 2015 BOE meeting)
- Closed Session For the purpose of discussing personnel matters, student discipline and collective bargaining.
A. Employ Hannah Lovekamp - Elementary ESL Teacher for a one year leave of absence.
B. Employ Kaitlyn Schultz - MS Dual Language Teacher (pending certification)
C. Employ Eric Anderson - Head HS Boys BB
D. Employ Kyle Dodson - HS Girls Golf
E. Employ Megan Icenogle - HS Cheerleading
(pending ASEP certification)
F. Toni Shinall - Elementary ESL Teacher (pending certification)
G. Approve Jackie Bell's request for a one year leave of absence.
H. Employ Tim McNulty-HS Science (pending certification )
Approve the following list of extra-curricular volunteers who are
ASEP or Teacher certified (unless noted):
A. Jennifer Houch - Special Education Teacher
B. John Gutmann - HS Girls Track and HS Cross Country
C. Michael Koniak - MS/HS Social Studies Teacher and
XI. Discussion Items