Beardstown CUSD # 15
Regular Board of Education Meeting
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
High School Library
If you need an accommodation to participate in this meeting please call the Board of Education Office at (217) 323-3099 no later than 3:00 p.m. on March 15, 2016.
- I. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance, President Jack Fearneyhough
- II. Roll call, Secretary Kim Watson
- III. Agenda Additions
- IV. Public Questions and Comments (time limit - 3 minutes per person)
- V. Committee Reports
- VI. Administrators & Athletic Director Reports
- VII. Action Items
1. Regular Meeting Minutes – February 17, 2016
2. Bills and Payroll
3. Treasurer’s Report
4. Investment, Loan, and Transfer
- A. Mr. Gilbert Power Point presentation on programming.
- B. Approve the following Board of Education policy updates: 2:100; 2:150; 2:150-AP; 2:200; 2:220-E2; 2:250-E2; 4:120-AP; 4:170; 4:170-AP1; 5:90; 5:100; 5:100-AP; 5:120-AP1; 5:185-AP; 6:15; 6:15-E; 6:50; 6:60; 6:160; 6:270; 6:280; 6:310; 6:315; 6:320; 6:340; 7:50; 7:50-AP; 7:100; 7:130; 7:140; 7:140-E; 7:290; 7:290-AP; 7:300; 7:300-E1; 7:305; 7:340; 7:340-AP1; 7:340-AP1, E1 and 8:30.
- C. Annual Approval of Hazard Routes already approved by IDOT.
- D. Recommend the Board of Education keep Closed Session minutes closed for meetings held July 2015 through December 2015, as the need for confidentiality still exists to all or part of those minutes.
- E. Recommend adopting the Integrated Pest Management Plan.
- F. Recommend approval of the annual membership in the Illinois High School Association (IHSA) for the 2016-17 school year.
- G. Recommend approval of the annual membership in the Illinois Elementary School Association (IESA) for the 2016-17 school year
- H. Recommend eliminating all middle school extra-curricular clubs and activities and coaches, assistant coaches and sponsors.
- VIII. Closed Session For the purpose of discussing personnel matters, student discipline and collective bargaining.
A. Employ Emily Stitt - Girls Soccer Asst.
B. Kaitlyn Schultz - Girls Softball Asst.
Approve the following list of extra-curricular volunteers who are
ASEP or Teacher certified (unless noted):
Leave of Absence:
Approve the resolution for the non-reemployment of teachers not completing their final year of probationary teaching service during the 2015-16 school term:
A. Rebekka J. Leber
Approve the resolution for Reduction In Force (RIF) dismissal notices to be
given to the following middle school extra-curricular employees:
A. A. J. Gand - 8th Grade Boys Basketball
B. Blake C. Gand - 7th Grade Boys Basketball
C. Amy M. Galey - 8th Grade Girls Basketball
D. Kaitlyn J. Schultz - 7th Grade Girls Basketball
E. Eric A. Anderson - 8th Grade Football
F. Mark C. O'Hara – Middle School Wrestling
G. Cody J. Winkelman – Middle School Boys Track
H. Allison L. Phelps – Middle School Girls Track
I. Chadwick B. Harrison – 8th Grade Volleyball
J. Carolyn S. Hembrough – 7th Grade Volleyball
K. Susan A. DeWitt – Middle School Scholastic Bowl
L. Robert W. Hymes – Middle School Student Council
M. Nikita N. Vaughn – Middle School Student Council
N. Cynthia L. Swartz – Middle School Cheerleading
A. AJ Gand - MS Football
B. Carol Shutts - Bus Driver
C. Jacklyn Bell - Elementary Teacher
D. Rita Lindley - Teacher Aide
E. Amanda Maltby - Dance Coach
F. Mitchell P. McElroy - MS/HS Teacher/Coach for the 2016-17
G. Mitchell McElroy - HS Asst. Track spring 2016
H. Emily Stitt - MS/HS Teacher/Coach for the 2016-17 school year
XI. Discussion Items