Beardstown CUSD # 15
Regular Board of Education Meeting
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
High School Library
If you need an accommodation to participate in this meeting please call the Board of Education Office at (217) 323-3099 no later than 3:00 p.m. on May 17, 2016.
- I. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance, President Jack Fearneyhough
- II. Roll call, Secretary Kim Watson
- III. Agenda Additions
- IV. Public Questions and Comments (time limit - 3 minutes per person)
- V. Committee Reports
- VI. Administrators & Athletic Director Reports
- VII. Action Items
1. Regular Meeting Minutes – April 20, 2016
2. Extra-Curricular Committee Meeting Minutes - April 27, 2016.
3. Extra-Curricular Committee Meeting Minutes - May 1, 2016
4. Special Meeting Minutes - May 4, 2016
5. Bills and Payroll
6. Treasurer’s Report
7. Investment, Loan, and Transfer
- A. Recognize retirees - Patricia White, Rosemary Frazee, Debbie Lynn and Kathy Foster
- B. Approve BEA Contract for July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2018.
- C. Lisa Buhlig presentation/request for volunteer work camp in the summer of 2017.
- D. Proposal for a web based Student Information System (tabled from April)
- E. Give final approval to the following Board Policy updates: 6:130, 6:300, 6:300-E2, 7:150, 7:150-AP, 7:190, 7:190-AP2, 7:190-AP3, 7:190-AP4, 7:190-AP7, 7:190-AP8, 7:190-E1, 7:190-E3, 7:190-E4, 7:200, 7:200-E1, 7:200-E2, &;210, 7:210-E1, 7:220, 7:230, 7:240, 7:240-AP2, 7:305 and 7:305-AP.
- F. Recommend letting bids for milk and bread for the 2016-17 school year.
- G. Recommend approval of the Elementary CUSD #15 Parent/Student Handbook for 2016-17.
- H. Recommend approval of the Middle/High CUSD #15 Parent/Student Handbook for 2016-17.
- I. Approve Schoolwide Plan for Title I.
- J. School Calendar for 2016-17.
- K. Textbook Rental and Fees schedule for 2016-17.
- L. Filling a previous Middle/High School Administrative position.
- VIII. Closed Session For the purpose of discussing personnel matters, student discipline and collective bargaining.
- A. Employ Frank Shaw - HS Social Studies and class sponsor
- B. Employ Cassie Wankel - Dance (Poms)
- C. Employ Jimmy Maltby -Head HS Girls Basketball
- D. Employ AJ Gand - Asst. Boys Basketball (Sophomore)
- E. Employ Cathy Curl - Custodian
- F. Employ Destinee Crosier - Elementary Teacher
- G. Employ Abbey Wilkey pending proper licensure
Approve the following list of extra-curricular volunteers who are
ASEP or Teacher certified (unless noted):
A. Rosemary Frazee with the $2,250 retirement incentive
B. Kathy Foster - Custodian
Leave of Absence:
A. Josh Sorrells - HS Head Girls Basketball
B. A.J. Gand - 8th Grade Basketball and Asst. HS Boys Basketball
C. Carrie Campbell - MS Language Arts
D. Chad Harrison - MS Volleyball
XI. Discussion Items
A. HS Spanish curriculum/textbooks (Mr. Seaman)