Beardstown CUSD # 15
Regular Board of Education Meeting
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
High School Library
If you need an accommodation to participate in this meeting please call the Board of Education Office at (217) 323-3099 no later than 3:00 p.m. on November 17, 2015.
- I. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance, President Jack Fearneyhough
- II. Roll call, Secretary Kim Watson
- III. Agenda Additions
- IV. Public Questions and Comments (time limit - 3 minutes per person)
- V. Committee Reports
- VI. Administrators & Athletic Director Reports
- VII. Action Items
1. Regular Meeting Minutes – October 21, 2015
2. Bills and Payroll
3. Treasurer’s Report
4. Investment, Loan, and Transfer
- A. Action on allowing 5th grade students to participate in MS Wrestling (tabled from the October meeting).
- B. Action to accept/decline the Illinois Association of School Boards' proposal to offer professional development to the Beardstown School Board via the Targeting Achievement through Governance (TAG) Program.
- C. Approve the Tentative Tax Levy for 2015 (collected in the 2016-17 school year).
- D. Set a Tax Levy Hearing prior to the December Regular Board Meeting.
- VIII. Closed Session For the purpose of discussing personnel matters, student discipline and collective bargaining.
A. Employ Eufemia Zarate - Title 1 Spanish Aide
B. Employ Jan Bailey - MS/HS Special Education teacher
C. Employ Paulina Madrigal - 1-to-1 Special Education Bilingual
D. Employ Laura Sibert - MS Spanish Language Facilitator
E. Employ Minerva Quintana - MS/HS Secretary
F. Employ Steve Dyche - School Treasurer
G. Approve Jim Ritter's Leave of Absence request
Approve the following list of extra-curricular volunteers who are
ASEP or Teacher certified (unless noted):
A. Royal White - MS/HS Wrestling
A. Royal White - MS/HS Asst. Wrestling paid position
A. Approve BEA Contract for 2015 - 2018.
B. Set salaries for administrators and non-master contract
XI. Discussion Items