Beardstown CUSD # 15
Regular Board of Education Meeting
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
High School Library
If you need an accommodation to participate in this meeting please call the Board of Education Office at (217) 323-3099 no later than 3:00 p.m. on October 20, 2015.
- I. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance, President Jack Fearneyhough
- II. Roll call, Secretary Kim Watson
- III. Agenda Additions
- IV. Public Questions and Comments (time limit - 3 minutes per person)
- V. Committee Reports
- VI. Administrators & Athletic Director Reports
- VII. Action Items
1. Regular Meeting Minutes – September 16, 2015
2. Budget Meeting Minutes – September 16, 2015
3. Transportation Committee Meeting Minutes -
October 19, 2015
4. Bills and Payroll
5. Treasurer’s Report
6. Investment, Loan, and Transfer
- A. Steve Clark - Illinois Association of School Boards, regarding the Targeting Achievement through Governance (TAG) Program.
- B. Gard Elementary HVAC project completion update.
- C. Approve the following Board Policy updates: 2:160, 2:160-E, 2:260, 2:260-AP1, 4:50, 4:170-AP6-E1, 5:50, 5:170, 5:170-AP4, 5:270, 5:290, 6:15-E, 6:140, 6:140-AP, 7:10, 7:40, 7:90, 7:190-AP5, 7:190-AP6, 7:220, 7:220-AP, 7:310, 7:325, 7:325-E, 8:10, 8:30-E1, 8:30-E2 and 8:80.
- D. Approve the Annual Financial Report (AFR).
- E. Approve/Adopt Resolution for the sale of the property known as Washington School.
- F. Transportation Committee recommendation to approve releasing a bid to lease four buses.
- G. Action on allowing 5th grade students to participate in MS Wrestling.
- VIII. Closed Session For the purpose of discussing personnel matters, student discipline and collective bargaining.
A. Approve Peggy Kinsey's maternity leave request.
B. Employ Allison Phelps - MS Girls Track
C. Employ Cody Winkelman - MS Boys Track
D. Employ Nikita Vaughn - MS Student Council
E. Employ Eufemia Zarate - Title 1 Spanish Aide
F. Approve Retirement for Rosemary Frazee - Tile 1 Aide (under
BEA Contract retirement incentive)
G. Employ Fatima Hernandez - MS/HS Special Education Aide
Approve the following list of extra-curricular volunteers who are
ASEP or Teacher certified (unless noted):
A. Allison Phelps - MS Student Council
B. Julio Flores - Migrant Program Recruiter
C. Denise Hamby - 5/6 Grade ESL Teacher
XI. Discussion Items