Beardstown CUSD # 15
Regular Board of Education Meeting
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
High School Library
If you need an accommodation to participate in this meeting please call the Board of Education Office at (217) 323-3099 no later than 3:00 p.m. on September 15, 2015.
- Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance, President Jack Fearneyhough
- Roll call, Secretary Kim Watson
- Agenda Additions
- Public Questions and Comments (time limit - 3 minutes per person)
- Committee Reports
- Administrators & Athletic Director Reports
- Action Items
1. Regular Meeting Minutes – August 19, 2015
2. Special Meeting Minutes - August 17, 2015.
3. Bills and Payroll
4. Treasurer’s Report
5. Investment, Loan, and Transfer
- FFA request to attend National FFA Convention in Louisville, KY, Oct. 27 - 31, leaving Tuesday after school and returning Saturday evening.
- Gard Elementary HVAC project update.
- Approve the Budget for 2015-16.
- Adopt resolution approving the Regional Office of Education #1 as the custodian and flow through agent of the County School Facility Tax money.
- Place on First Reading the following Board Policy updates: 2:160, 2:160-E, 2:260, 2:260-AP1, 4:50, 4:170-AP6-E1, 5:50, 5:170, 5:170-AP4, 5:270, 5:290, 6:15-E, 6:140, 6:140-AP, 7:10, 7:40, 7:90, 7:190-AP5, 7:190-AP6, 7:220, 7:220-AP, 7:310, 7:325, 7:325-E, 8:10, 8:30-E1, 8:30-E2 and 8:80.
- Closed Session For the purpose of discussing personnel matters, student discipline and collective bargaining.
A. Employ Kim Hill - Elementary Teacher
B. Employ Peggy Ruiz - Grand Ave. Day Care
C. Employ Angie Meyer - MS/HS Library Aide
D. Employ Kyle Dodson - JV Boys Basketball
E. Employ A.J. Gand - 8th Grade Boys Basketball
F. Employ Wendy McClenning - HS Student Council
G. Employ Brett Burton - HS Key Club
H. Employ Amy Galey - HS Girls Basketball Assistant
I. Employ AJ Gand - HS Freshmen Boys Basketball
J. Employ Cindy Swartz - MS Cheerleading
K. Employ Blake Gand - 7th Grade Boys Basketball
L. Employ Mark O'Hara - MS Wrestling
M. Employ Sue Dewitt - MS Scholastic Bowl
N. Employ AJ Gand 8th Grade Boys Basketball
O. Employ Chad Harrison - MS Volleyball
P. Employ Sue Hembrough - MS Volleyball
Q. Employ Emily Stitts - Freshmen Sponsor
Approve the following list of extra-curricular volunteers who are
ASEP or Teacher certified (unless noted):
A. Tara Hobrock - Daycare Grand Ave. School
B. Angie Brown - 4th Grade Teacher
C. Angeles Ramirez - Title I Aide
D. Waleska Alicea Hernandez - Title I Aide
E. Tera Mann - Special Education Aide
F. Allison Phelps - MS Student Council
G. Mara Atkins - HS Physical Science Club
XI. Discussion Items
A. Activity Funds spending.
B. Senate Bill 318