Blairsville Saltsburg School District is offering a summer school credit recovery option to
recuperate no more than two credits per summer for grades 6 through 12 in several content areas.
BSSD has established a partnership with the Evergreen Boys & Girls Club to provide credit
recovery options for BSSD students utilizing Edmentum. The cost of the summer school courses
will be $50 per course.
Students wishing to recover credit during the summer must follow ALL of the steps below:
1. Complete the Evergreen Boys and Girls Club application form (click here for the form) and return it to the
guidance office. This program has a cost of a $50 dollars per course and is limited to two
courses. Also, students must be a club member to participate.
2. The Boys & Girls Club will provide an on-sight (at each secondary school) facilitator to
oversee students completing the Edmentum program. The program will run for six weeks
starting June 12th and end on July 24th. Students will have the opportunity to complete all
assignments during club hours from 8:30 a.m. -2:30 p.m. on Tuesdays through Thursdays
of each week. The Edmentum program is a self-guided course and the role of the
facilitator is to keep students on task. Please note that the facilitator is not a content
expert in all areas and may not be able to address specific questions about the
assignments. Students may complete the coursework at home, but will be required to
attend at least 12 sessions or course completion with a passing grade at SMHS or BMHS.
3. All coursework must be completed, by July 25, 2018, to receive credit. This deadline is
an absolute deadline. Students will work at their own pace and may complete their
assignment earlier than the July 25th end date.
4. Money order or cashier's check to BSSD for the cost of the courses.($50.00)
5. Students are eligible to sign up for transportation to/from the credit recovery session, but
they will be there from 8:30-2:30 on those days. Students who ride the bus to credit
recovery are expected to ride the bus home, unless prior arrangements are made with the
6. Students should arrive by 9:30. If no students are present by 9:30 on any given day, the credit recovery course will be cancelled and the facilitator will leave for the day.
7. Misbehavior, defiance, insubordination and the like will not be tolerated. These behaviors will result in removal from the program without credit or refund.
8. Please be advised that if your child chooses not to participate in the credit recovery program, his/her course schedule for the 2018-2019 school year will include the failed course(s) which will alter the rest of the course schedule. In addition, if your child has enrolled at ICTC for the 2018-2019 school year and has failed a course it is necessary for your child to make up the failed course over the summer. If your child chooses not to successfully complete the failed course over the summer, he/she will not be able to attend ICTC for the 2018-2019 school year. Additionally, if your child is a 6th, 7th or 8th grader and has failed two or more courses for the 2017-2018 school year, he/she must make up at least one of the failed courses in summer school or he/she will be retained in the current grade for the 2018-2019 school year.
If you have any additional questions regarding summer school credit recovery options, please call the guidance office or Mr. Soles.