Flyer Distribution for Non-Profits
Our district cooperates with approved non-profit ONLY community partners by posting eflyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
Direct distribution through Peachjar is ONLY permitted for non-profit organizations.
It is the position of the Board that all other parent initiated student clubs and non-profit community organizations shall be permitted to distribute written materials that are age appropriate to students that attend the school.
1. Non-Profit Status: Non-profit community organizations must provide documentation verifying non-profit status to the school. This documentation must either be a copy of the letter from the Internal Revenue Service stating the organization is considered tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) or a copy of a notarized letter on the organization's letterhead stating the organization is a non-profit organization as deemed by the Internal Revenue Service. Any entity that is found to have misrepresented themselves as a non-profit entity will forever be barred from all future material distribution.
2. Specifics: Parent initiated student clubs and non-profit community organizations requesting to distribute or post written materials that publicize a specific community event, activity, or meeting shall submit their flyer via Peachjar. The material must contain the following:
A. Name of the sponsoring organization
B. The written material must provide information about the specific community activity/event or meeting, including, but not limited to, the nature of the meeting/event/activity, location, day, and time.
C. Uploaded flyers will automatically prepopulate with the district's disclaimer.
"These materials are neither sponsored by nor endorsed by the District, its agents, or its employees. The views and the information contained in the materials are not an expression of the opinion, belief, or policy of the Board, the District, and/or this school."
D. Parent initiated student clubs and non-profit community organizations whose materials do not comply with the above will not be permitted to distribute unless the materials can be corrected by the parent initiated student club or non-profit community organization and returned reuploaded for approval at least two (2) days prior to the distribution date.
3. Prohibited Material: In all cases, distribution of the following is not permitted:
A. Material that is insulting to or violates the rights of others, including but not limited to material that is libelous, invades the privacy of others, infringes on a copyright, or is in any way prohibited by State or Federal law. This includes so-called "hate" literature that scurrilously attacks an individual's race, age, national origin, gender, gender orientation, religion, creed, disability, economic status, or advocates interference with the rights of any individual.
B. Material that is socially inappropriate or inappropriate due to the maturity level of the students, including, but not limited to, material that is obscene, pornographic or lewd, vulgar or indecent, or is insulting to any group or individual.
C. Material that may incite (lead) persons to commit illegal acts, violate Board policy, promotes hostility, disorder, or violence.
D. Material that is primarily of a commercial nature, including, but not limited to, material that primarily seeks to advertise for sale or rent the products or services of outside businesses unless the material itself has educational value that makes the commercial message a secondary consideration. Materials of this nature shall be subject to the conditions set forth for advertising in Policy 9702.
E. Material that is likely to cause substantial disruption to or materially interferes with the proper and orderly operation and discipline of the school or school activities.
F. Material which in any way promotes, favors, or opposes the candidacy of any candidate for election, or any public questions submitted at any general, municipal, or school election. The prohibition shall not apply on any Election Day or special election when the school is being used as a polling place.
4. On-Site Options: Parent initiated student clubs and non-profit community organizations have an option to display printed informational materials and announcements on any tables, magazine racks, or similar areas as designated by the school rather than distribute materials directly to students for the 2016-17 school year.
No student shall be required, coerced, or harassed to accept the written materials.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed. * Please note this is our pilot year, schools may choose to approve paper delivery on a case by case basis.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as an Enrichment / Community Org. (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.