A physically literate person is one who has mastered the necessary movement skills to participate confidently in many different forms of physical activity; one who values physical fitness and understands that both are related to health and well being.
The vision is for all students to be active, develop skills, gain knowledge and have fun while engaging in fitness and sport activities. Students who choose to actively participate in quality physical education programs receive a variety of benefits, including the development of:
- A variety of motor skills and abilities related to physical activities
- Improved understanding of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Improved understanding of movement and the human body
- Improved knowledge of rules and strategies for games and sports
- Self-confidence and self-worth as they relate to personal fitness and wellness