The Title I Vision
Title I provides support through resources and research-based training, enabling schools to develop high quality, enriched programs that meet the individual needs of all children, families, and staff.
By providing a positive, caring environment with high educational expectations, Title I ensures that all individuals feel capable, connected, and able to make worthwhile contributions to their community.
Title I Goals
- Assist schools in meeting the goal of consistent growth in student achievement.
- Support schools in the implementation of high quality, research-based literacy programs.
- Support schools' efforts to provide extended learning opportunities.
- Support schools' efforts to implement a comprehensive program for lower achieving students.
- Implement high quality early childhood programs in schools with a high concentration of at-risk children.
- Support school efforts to implement the Early Childhood Standards of Excellence for prekindergarten.
- Enhance opportunities for parents/families to learn ways they can support their children's educational progress from birth to grade twelve.
- Assist district and schools in meeting requirements of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA).