2016-2017 School-Family-Student Compact
“Achieve With the Keys; Unlocking the Doors to Success”
This compact outlines the means by which Clinton School, families, and students will enter into a partnership in order to meet the common goal of high academic achievement for each student.
Staff of Clinton Elementary School will support student learning by:
- Provide all students with high quality curriculum and instruction.
- Communicate regularly with families about student progress through conferences, progress reports, and trimester reporting.
- Maintain high expectations and help every child develop a love of learning.
- Provide a safe, secure, and supportive learning environment.
- Participate in professional development opportunities that improve teaching and learning and support the formation of partnerships with families and the community.
- Provide families the opportunity to volunteer for scheduled activities.
- Foster a positive culture of student achievement by implementing Quantum Learning.
- Provide meaningful daily homework assignments to reinforce and extend learning.
Families of Clinton Elementary School students are responsible for supporting their child’s learning by:
- Communicate the importance of education and learning to my child and set high expectations for academic achievement.
- Participate in school activities by attending open house, conferences, and other school functions.
- Monitor my child’s progress regularly and communicate with teacher and/or school when concerns arise.
- Monitor homework and check with my child for information sent home (promptly read and reply, if necessary).
- Provide a quiet place for my child to complete daily homework, study, and read a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Monitor and set appropriate limits on the amount of television viewing and video game playing.
- Support the school’s efforts to maintain proper discipline by reinforcing Quantum Learning’s 8 Keys of Excellence at home.
- Ensure my child is punctual, attends school regularly, and is prepared to learn.
- Review the district and school rules and expectations in the Student and Parent Handbook that is available either online or from the school office with your children.
Students of Clinton Elementary School are expected to:
- Set high academic expectations for myself and be an active participant in my own learning.
- Come to school ready to learn by bringing the necessary materials and completed daily homework.
- Attend school regularly and arrive on time.
- Uphold and live by Quantum Learning’s 8 Keys of Excellence.
- Communicate regularly with my family and teachers so they can help me be successful.
- Be responsible for giving my family members all information sent home from school.
- Limit my television viewing and video game playing.
- Read, study, and complete daily homework.
- Seek assistance from teachers and families when I need help.