Welcome to the Band Weekly Memo!
We will be continuing to play/record pass offs in all classes so please make sure to keep up with them. If you need to make any up, or try one again, please see me to set up a time. Keep in mind afternoons are unavailable until the second week of May (mornings are mostly free).
- 1. Beginning Band: Our Concert is TOMORROW!! Be ready (dressed, instrument, music) in the band room no later than 5:30pm. It is the same attire as our first concert (black pants, black socks, black dress shoes, white dress shirt; Girls may wear a black dress as well). The concert begins at 6:00pm.
- 2. Wind Ensemble/Intermediate Band: Our concert is TUESDAY! Be ready in your seat no later than 5:30pm. Attire is ALL BLACK. Concert begins at 6:00pm.
- 3. Marching Band: The Banquet is THIS THURSDAY at 5:30pm at the Cocoa Civic Center. Tickets are $10 per person (senior students are free, but must pay for additional tickets). Please make sure you get this in ASAP.
- 4. EVERYONE: There are 2 things:
(1) There is a MADATORY rehearsal for anyone that plans to be in marching band next year. It will be Tuesday May 16 from 3:45-4:45pm in the band room. You will meet your section, receive the show music, receive the calendar for summer rehearsals, and participate in some of the things we will do in a normal rehearsal.
(2) Our Annual Music Department trip will be on Saturday May 20 to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. THIS IS OPTIONAL. The cost is $105 per person (ticket/bus). There is also a permission slip that will need to be filled out. You must turn in your money and permission slip to reserve your spot.
Monday - Beginning Band Concert
- NO Lessons
Tuesday - Wind Ensemble/Intermediate Band Concert
Wednesday - Early Release
Thursday – Marching Band Banquet @ 5:30pm
Friday – NO Lessons
May 1 Beginning Band Spring Concert (Report to Band Room by 5:30pm)
May 2 Wind Ensemble/Intermediate Band Spring Concert (Report to Band Room by 5:30pm)
May 4 Marching Band Banquet @ Cocoa Civic Center @ 5:30pm
May 16 Rehearsal for 2017-18 Marching Band Members
Please contact me with any questions at Hottel.email@example.com