As everyone is aware, flu season is here and our schools are experiencing varying degrees of absenteeism. In response, the following actions are being taken across the school district:
- During the school day, school personnel are cleaning and sanitizing the building, to include keyboards, door handles, desk tops, cafeteria tables, and water fountains.
- After school, energy recovery units are being used to bring fresh air into our buildings, and all buildings are being properly sanitized.
- Students are reminded to wash their hands, throw away tissues, cover when they cough, and inform an adult when they are not feeling well.
- When students are not feeling well, school personnel check their temperatures, and, if running fever, students will be sent home. Students should not return to school until they are fever-free without medication for a minimum of twenty-four hours and are feeling better.
We ask that parents please keep their children home if they have flu-like symptoms, which may include the following:
- Fever of 100 degrees or greater
- Body aches
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Diarrhea and/or vomiting
We urge everyone to take preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs, so that hopefully the number of flu cases in our community will decline.