Student Transcripts and Records
Transcript Request (SO-SS-051)
Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) Information
Important : Please Read
If it has been less than 5 full school years since attending a Hernando School; contact the last school of enrollment for transcripts.
Third party companies may fax a student’s signed release to 352-797-7153. Other than dates of enrollment, a student's signed authorization is required for release of any other information.
When the age of majority (eighteen) is reached, no one, including parents, may access records without written authorization from the student. Reference FL Statute 1002.22 (3). See statute for exemptions.
Reproduction fees are fifteen cents per page, twenty cents for double sided. All documents embossed with the official seal cost one dollar ($1.00) per page. Mailing fees may apply.
- Most requests will be processed and mailed within seven business days. Requests needing extensive research may incur additional charges. You will be notified before any additional charges are applied, and asked to pay in advance.
For official transcripts:
Official transcripts will be signed, dated, embossed with the seal, and mailed directly to the address of the institution/organization provided, unless otherwise specified. Requests for an official transcript to be mailed to a home address must be signed, dated, and include a clear photocopy of your valid driver’s license, State issued photo I.D., or copy of official birth certificate. Opening an official transcript prior to hand delivery makes it unofficial. Immunization record (if on file) will be included to universities.
Complete form (SO-SS-051) or write, sign, and date a letter specifying which documents to release. Include your name at time of enrollment, date of birth, last school attended, and last year of enrollment. Include the institution/organization address. Mail to: The School Board of Hernando County, 919 N. Broad Street, Brooksville, FL 34601.
Each official transcript costs two dollars ($2.00). Mail check or money order payable to: Hernando County School Board, Transcript Dept.,919 N. Broad Street, Brooksville, FL 34601. Don’t send cash. No credit cards accepted. Cash may be paid at the Hernando County School Board Office. However; this office does not make change. Record pick up will be available within five business days.
For unofficial transcripts:
- Unofficial transcripts will be stamped: “UNOFFICIAL“ student copy.
- Complete request form (SO-SS-051) or write, sign, and date a letter specifying which documents to release. Include your name at time of enrollment, date of birth, last school and last year of attendance. Mail to: The School Board of Hernando County, Transcript Dept., 919 N. Broad Street, Brooksville, FL 34601.
- Include a clear copy of valid driver’s license, valid State photo I.D., or certified birth certificate.
- Transcript will be mail to the address shown on the State issued photo I.D. card.
- Each unofficial transcript costs one dollar ($1.00) up to three pages. No cash accepted unless brought in person to: Hernando County School Board, 919 N. Broad Street, Brooksville, FL 34601
District Records Specialist
Hernando County School District
8050 Mobley Road
Brooksville, FL 34601
Phone: (352) 797-7223, Ext. 412
Fax: (352) 797-7153
Hours: 7:00a.m.– 3:00 p.m