Holden, Eddington, and Holbrook Schools all promote, recognize, and expect positive behavior. Our expectations are taught through our Core Values; Honesty, Kindness, Respect, Responsibility, Compassion, and Courage. Students are recognized for making good choices in a variety of ways including gold slips, kudos cards, and “Busted” slips.
We are also aware that incidents of bullying and harassment have a negative impact on school climate and culture as well as academic achievement. This year we have added an online, anonymous reporting system.
If you are concerned about an incident of bullying or harassment, you can file a report using the SAD 63 website (http://www.edline.net/pages/MSAD63)
Look for the “Quick Link” on the right hand side titled “Bullying/ Harassment Concern Report.” The information you submit will be sent to the school principal and school counselor.
Harassment is unwanted, one-sided and/or demeaning remarks or contact after being asked to STOP.
Examples of prohibited harassment:
- Sexual advances, gestures, comments or contact
- Offensive jokes
- Ridicule, slurs, derogatory action or remarks regarding race, skin color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or mental, physical or sensory handicap or other distinguishing characteristics
Bullying is defined as any physical act or gesture or any verbally, written or electronically communicated expression that a reasonable person should expect will have the effect of:
- Physically harming a student or damaging student property
- Places a student in reasonable fear of physical harm or damage to property
- Ridicule, slurs, derogatory action or remarks regarding race, skin color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or mental, physical or sensory handicap or other distinguishing characteristics.
- Substantially disrupts the instructional program or the orderly operations of school: or
- Is so severe, persistent or pervasive that it creates an intimidating, hostile educational environment for the student who is bullied.