Las preguntas y sus respuestas están aquí en español.
What does transformation mean?
- We are moving towards the 5Essentials:
- Involved parents
- Effective leadership
- Collaborative teachers
- Ambitious instruction
- Supportive learning environment
- More teacher collaboration time = Improved student learning
Why are we under restructuring?
- Laurel Hill is under restructuring due to unsuccessfully meeting AYP (Annual Yearly Progress) for five consecutive years.
- ISAT is the state test that determines if a school makes AYP.
How will the schedule be different next year?
- In the 2013-2014 school year the day will begin at 7:52a.m. and end at 2:00p.m.
- On 13 Wednesdays the students will be released at 12:15p.m.
My child rides the bus, how will this affect him/her?
- Any students riding the bus will not be affected. They will be picked up and dropped off as they were in the past.
- You have the option to pick up your child at 12:15 p.m. on the 13 Transformation Days.
- If you are unable to pick your child up on these Transformation Days, there will be programs in place for your child until 2:00 p.m.
- Please let the office know if your child rides a bus and either you will be picking him up or need him to be enrolled in a program on the 13 Transformation Days.
My child is in kindergarten, how will they be affected?
- If your child attends the AM session, he will be starting school at 7:52 a.m. and ending at 10:22 a.m. all year.
- If your child attends the PM session, he will start school at 11:18 a.m. and end at 2:00 p.m.
- On the first Transformation Day he will need to attend school for thirty minutes from 11:18 a.m.-11:48a.m. He will also be invited to attend the Extended Day Kindergarten program for the day.
- He is not required to come to school on the rest of the 12 Transformation Days, but he will be able to participate in the Extended Day Kindergarten program, if you wish.
- Please give the office your information if you are interested in enrolling your child in the Extended Day Kindergarten program.
- This program is available to ALL kindergartners in AM and PM sessions.
What happens to breakfast?
- Breakfast will still be provided in the 2013-2014 school year.
- Students K-2 will be directed to the multipurpose room after the first bell (7:47a.m.).
- Students 3-6 will be directed to their classroom to eat breakfast after the first bell (7:47a.m.).
- Breakfast will be provided every day students are in session.
What will teachers be doing on these days?
- During the 13 Transformation Days, the teachers will be collaborating and participating in activities that are directly linked to District goals and School Improvement Plans, all of which are tied to improving student learning and success.
- If my child is getting out early, does this mean less instructional time?
- No, in the 2013-2014 school year, the instructional minutes are being re-adjusted in order for staff members to have time to learn and to collaborate with each other on these 13 Transformation Days.
- To guarantee there is no loss of instructional time, the school day will begin eight minutes earlier than in previous years.
What can my child do from 12:15p.m.-2:00p.m. on the Transformation Days?
- Complete the family learning activity provided by the school
- Visit the Poplar Creek Library
- Take time to read as a family
- Visit the many local museums
What can I do if I work and cannot pick up my child on the 13 Transformation Days?
- Do not worry. We understand. That is why there will be programs available to students whose parents are unable to pick them up at 12:15p.m on Transformation Days.
- Please leave your information with the secretary, and we will make sure that your child is enrolled in one of the many programs being offered on those days.