Friends of Lowell High
JOIN THE FRIENDS OF LOWELL HIGH SCHOOL, INC
- Supporting excellence in academics, activities and the school environment at Lowell High School
- Providing information to parents through monthly meetings with school leadership, including the Headmaster, athletic director, student activities coordinator and others;
- Creating a forum for parent-to-parent communication, sharing knowledge or concerns about issues at school;
- Distributing monthly newsletters to FLHS members;
- Organizing committees to support sports, clubs and activities with special events or awards;
- Coordinating plans among different communities to facilitate scheduling;
- Provide scholarships to students annually;
- Fundraising to sponsor events, awards and scholarships.
- FLHS meetings are open to all members and guests.
- We meet the second Monday of each month (except July, August and December) at 7:00 PM in the LHS Little Theatre (on the second floor above the cafeteria).
- Our annual meeting, at which officers are elected, is in April.
- Free validated parking is available in the Ayotte garage across from LHS.
- FLHS presents many scholarships each year to many seniors.
- In order to be eligible for the FLHS general scholarship fund, students or a parent must be a member of FLHS by December 1st of the students' senior year.
- FLHS committee scholarships are available depending on fundraising success.
- In 2008, 254 scholarships totaling more than $60,000 were awarded.
- CURRENT ADVISORY COMMITTEES:
Help make Lowell High better - become involved with the Friends of LHS! Research shows that parent involvement with their children's education, at any grade level, results in:
- Better student academic achievement
- Better student attitude and behavior
- Better attendance
- Decrease use of drugs and alcohol
- Higher graduation rates
- Higher expectations for students and teachers
- Improved communications between parents, children and schools
- Better schools
-Center for School, Family and Community Partnerships at
Johns Hopkins University
To contact FLHS, please write or email:
Friends of Lowell High School, Inc.P.O. Box 1264Lowell, MA 01853Email: FLHS@lowell.k12.ma.us