SCORE Peer Mediation Program
is a partnership with
Lowell High School, Middlesex Community College, and the Massachusetts Office of Public Collaboration
Located in the Lowell High School Campus in Room 208B
Mediation is a process where mediators help participants have a conversation in order to solve problems.
You should know:
- Mediators are students who have been trained in conflict resolution skills
- Mediators have taken an oath of confidentiality and can’t share what they’ve learned in mediation sessions
- Mediators are your peers and are willing to help you
- Mediation is confidential and voluntary
- Mediation can sometimes improve your relationship
- Mediation is a way to solve your problem in a positive way
How do you use the mediation program?
Refer yourself or a friend confidentially
Speak to a teacher, other staff member, or housemaster to refer yourself or someone else
Speak to the mediation coordinator or mediation intern
Decide if you should mediate
If all parties are willing, mediation will happen
What situations are mediated?
- Physical fights
- Name calling
- Property Damage
- Relationship problems