Lowell High School Pathways
The Lowell High School Pathway Programs are directly connected to the skills and knowledge students need for post-secondary education and careers in some of the fastest growing professions in the world today.
View our Pathways video for 2017 by clicking the link to the right >>
Our Pathway Programs provide opportunities for all students and their different abilities, interests and talents. Whether a student is planning to work immediately after high school, or will continue learning by attending a training program, a technical institute, a college or university, there are courses in our Pathway Programs that are right for every student.
- Air Force Junior ROTC
- Business Marketing & Finance
- Culinary Arts
- Fine Arts
- Health & Bioscience
- Public Service & Civic Engagement
Our Pathway Programs use an applied, hands-on/minds-on approach to learning that is connected to real-world work experiences. Students in these programs have access to some unique facilities including: a newly renovated restaurant, the J’eanne D’Arc Credit Union, the 1826 School Store, an in-house television/media center and state-of-the-art computer and robotics equipment. We also partner with local employers as we grow our externships/internship programs providing students an opportunity to apply the classroom skills to intern positions in the workplace.
Benefits of the Pathway Programs include:
- Courses tailored to a specific area of study, with a strong career focus.
- Teachers with industry experience as well as educational certifications.
- Skill-building around career trajectories and paths of study.
- Opportunities for students, parents, teachers and community members to be partners in the educational process.
- Internships/externships within the community and Dual-Enrollment opportunities with UML and Middlesex Community College.
- Opportunities for independent learning and research.