Every year in the United States, more than 200,000 people are hospitalized from flu complications. The best way to protect yourself and your children is to get a flu vaccination, offered for free during the last two Children’s Flu clinics being provided by the Burlington County Health Department in December.
A copy of the clinic flyer, including dates and information can he found here.
In addition to your flu shot, please remember to practice good health habits to keep the community safe:
· Stay away from people who are sick.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
· Wash hands often to protect yourself against germs.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth to prevent spreading germs.
To learn more, please contact the Burlington County Health Department at http://www.co.burlington.nj.us/290/Health-Department or call 609-265-5533 for more information.