School Hours 2017-2018
- The waiting area/bike rack opens at 7:30 a.m.
- School begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Dismissal begins at 2:10 p.m. for car riders
and day care vans.
- All others are dismissed at 2:30 p.m.
There is no supervision available on campus prior to 7:30 a.m. or after 2:45 p.m. For the safety of all students we ask that students not be on campus at those time. Students who arrive before 7:30 a.m. or remain after 2:45 p.m. will be escorted to Meadowlane’s Brevard After School Program.
The director of Meadowlane’s Brevard After School Program will charge a $25.00 Non-registered Daily Drop-fee for the first time visit and a $25.00 Registration fee plus $25.00 Daily Drop-fee for second time visit for this service.
- (321) 723-6354 Office
- (321)952-5948 Fax
- (321) 723-6744 Cafeteria
- (321) 952-5833 Childcare
The Brevard County School Board Attendance Policy can be found by clicking on the following hyperlink. When the page opens, click on Section 5000-Students and then on 5200 for the Attendance Policy. All Brevard Count Publix School Bylaws and Policies can be viewed from this hyperlink.
Meadowlane Brevard After School Program
This program provides a safe and happy place beyond the school day for children of families in our school. Our program offers a 10-month curriculum that encourages children to explore and choose from a variety of activities. Participants are accepted on a first come, first served basis. The Brevard After School Program is located in the cafeteria. For more information please call the program coordinator, Jeffrey Brown at 321-952-5833 or send an email to Brown.email@example.com
Internet Acceptable Use Policy
All students who use Brevard County School Board computers will have access to the internet unless their parent signs the Student Internet Acceptable Use – Opt Out form. ( 7540.03F1) This form can be obtained at the front office.
Student Computer and Internet Acceptable Use and Safety Procedures (7540.03) are located at:
Registration Information and Immunization Requirements
Monday-Friday 7:30 am to 3:00 pm (School Hours)
Proof of residence for the Meadowlane Attendance Area is required to begin the registration process. Please call 723-6354 and speak with Mrs. Donohue if you have any questions about the appropriate proof of residence (as listed below) or attendance boundaries.
Kindergarten & New Students
To register please bring the following information with you:
· Proof of Residency – A utility bill that shows the “service address” and parent/guardian’s name
· Student's Social Security Card
· Birth Certificate
· State Health Form (physical)
· Immunization Record
· Last Report Card (for other than Kindergarten)
- Children entering kindergarten for the first time must comply with Florida Statute 232.04 regarding age. For the school year 2011-2012, a child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2012, in order to be eligible for kindergarten.
- Florida law requires that all children attend and satisfactorily complete the requirements for kindergarten and be six years old on or before September 1 in order to be eligible for first grade. The mandatory Florida school age requires that the child who will be six by February 1, 2013, must attend school regularly during the entire school year.
- To register a child for kindergarten, parents must submit the child’s birth certificate.
- Before a child enters school in August, parents must submit the child’s immunization records which include five doses of diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus, four doses of polio vaccine, two doses of red measles (rubeola) vaccine, two doses of German measles (rubella) vaccine, and two doses of mumps vaccine as required by Florida Statute 232.032. All kindergarten students will be required to have the hepatitis B series (3 doses). Also effective since the 2001-2002 school year, children entering, attending, or transferring to preschool through 5th grade in Florida schools will be required to have varicella (chickenpox) vaccine. In each subsequent year thereafter, the next highest grades are included. Varicella vaccine is not required if child has documentation of history of varicella (chickenpox) disease.
- Beginning kindergarten students should have a school entry physical examination completed before starting school, since no school records need to be transferred. The physical examination must be performed within one (1) year of the day of entry.
- Any student who does not have the immunizations or a proper exemption on the basis of medical or religious grounds will not be enrolled in school until full compliance. Forms for these health requirements are available at the Brevard County Health Department and at most doctors’ offices.
- All kindergarten pupils will receive educational, vision, hearing and language screening.
Immunizations are FREE at all Brevard County Health Departments and at the Public Library Immunization Clinics.