What is Dual Language?
The Dual Language Program is a form of bilingual education in which students are taught literacy and academic content in two languages. It offers a unique opportunity for students to excel academically and learn a second language. Dual language programs foster:
- enhanced awareness of linguistic and cultural diversity
- high levels of academic achievement through instruction in two languages
What are the benefits of the Dual Language program for students?
- Students develop proficiency in two languages.
- Students perform as well as or better than their peers in non-dual language classrooms.
- All students develop a positive sense of self and multicultural competencies.
- Students also develop intercultural and global competence that prepares them to succeed in today’s increasingly competitive global society.
Language allocation by grade level:
||% in Spanish
||% in English
|3rd Grade - 6th grade
Our Dual Language Program serves Spanish-speaking English Language Learner students in grades PreK through sixth grade. In addition, Native-English speakers and English-dominant students are invited to participate in the Two-Way (TW) Dual Language Programs as an enrichment program. In 2014-15, Otter Creek will have 2 sections of TW Dual Language in Kindergarten through 4th Grade.
For more information about Dual Language in U-46, click here