What is Dual Language?The Dual Language Program is a form of bilingual education in which students are taught literacy and academic content in two languages. It offers a unique opportunity for students to excel academically and learn a second language. Dual language programs foster:
- enhanced awareness of linguistic and cultural diversity
- high levels of academic achievement through instruction in two languages
What are the benefits of the Dual Language program for students?
- Students develop proficiency in two languages.
- Students perform as well as or better than their peers in non-dual language classrooms.
- All students develop a positive sense of self and multicultural competencies.
- Students also develop intercultural and global competence that prepares them to succeed in today’s increasingly competitive global society.
80:20 Spanish/English Dual Language in U-46
The U-46 Dual Language Program mirrors and honors the linguistic and cultural diversity of our learning community. In our 80:20 Dual Language Program Model design, students learn school subjects in both English and Spanish. Students are able to develop high levels of academic and language proficiency in their first and second languages.