Social Studies Information and Updates
High School Electives curriculum was approved by the Board of Education in April 2016, and the updated curriculum and new resources will be implemented in Fall 2016. A special thank you to all of the members- they worked very hard to complete this process.
Middle and High School (USH, Econ and Civics) Curriculum Writing Committee worked through 2015-2016 to update curriculum. We will select resources during the Fall of 2016 and present our proposal to Instructional Council and the Board of Education in the Spring of 2017.
Elementary curriculum writing began in August 2016 and concluded at the end of the 2016-2017 school year. Early implementers will pilot the curriculum and resources during the fall of 2017; the final curriculum proposal will be brought forward to Instructional Council and the Board of Education in Spring of 2018.
Social Studies Standards
Beginning with the 2017-2018 school year, we will use the newly revised Illinois Social Science Standards, which were approved January 27, 2016.
Below is the link to the standards:
- MS/HS Curriculum Committee completed resource selection
- Elementary Committee completed curriculum map drafts for grades K-6 and begins resource select
- MS/HS Curriculum proposal presented to Instructional Council and Board of Education for approval
- Elementary SS curriculum proposal presented to Instructional Council for approval to have Early Implementers pilot K-6 curriculum during 2017-2018
- MS/HS curriculum implemented district wide
- Elementary curriculum pilot
- Elementary curriculum proposal presented to Instructional Council and Board of Education for final approval
- Elementary curriculum implemented district wide
If you have any questions, concerns, comments, etc., please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or ext. 7705. I would love to hear from you!
Thank you for all of the work you do every day for our students!
Dr. Robin Lenart