What is it?
- Professionally designed, award-winning program created exclusively for pre-teen girls
- Running workoouts and games that teach specific life skills such as how to make healthy decisions, resolve conflict and get along in a group
- After-school program that meets for 10 weeks, twice a week for one hour
- Challenging, encouraging and fun
Who is it for?
- Girls who want to have fun and play some new thinking and running games
- Girls of all athletic ability
- All girls in grades 3-5
- Women who exercised as girls have more confidence and self-esteem than those who are sedentary as kids
- Exercise can enhance physical and mental health
- Girls who spend time with healthy peers live healthier lives
The goal is for each participant to:
- Complete a 3.1 mile running event
- Have a stronger sense of identity
- Understand the value of getting along within a group
- Have an improved body image
- Stand up for herself in a healthy manner
- Have a stronger sense of her connection to her community
Educating and preparing girls for a lifetime of self-respect and health living.