Teacher Change Request Process
- The parent must request in writing to the principal or designee that his/her child be transferred out of a specific classroom teacher's class;
- The date the parent request is received is noted and logged by the principal or designee;
- The principal or assistant principal may hold a meeting to include the parents, student, teachers, and/or counselors, to discuss the concern related to the request;
- The school administrator must approve or deny the transfer within 2 weeks of receiving the request; and
- If the request is denied, the school must notify the parent and specify the reason for the denial.
Please note the language of this section does not give a parent the right to choose a specific classroom teacher.