TEFFT MIDDLE SCHOOL PHYSICAL EDUCATION
RULES AND POLICIES
Our goal is to provide a wide range of physical activities for students which emphasize maximum improvement, good sportsmanship, promote wellness and lifelong fitness.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASS RULES:
- Dress in a complete Tefft Physical Education uniform which includes Tefft PE shirt, shorts and gym shoes.
- Stay in your assigned area until dismissed by your teacher.
- When in the gym or locker room follow the “HANDS OFF” policy outlined in the student handbook.
- Participate with enthusiasm and effort on a daily basis.
- Respect yourself, others and your school
- Practice good sportsmanship during Physical Education class.
- For safety and sanitary reasons, GUM, JEWELRY, GLASS CONTAINERS OR AEROSOL SPRAYS are prohibited in the gyms, fitness center or locker rooms.
- No electronic devices of any kind are ever permitted in the locker room.
Fall and Spring Physical Education units will be outside if the temperature is 45 degrees or warmer. Students may wear sweatshirts (hoodies) and sweatpants during Physical Education class along with their Tefft Physical Education uniform. Street clothes MAY NOT be worn during Physical Education class.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION GRADING:
Formative Daily Assessments
Summative Quarterly Assessments
PHYSICAL EDUCATION RENTAL AND “NO DRESS” POLICY:
Student can rent a Physical Education uniform on the FIRST, school day of each week.
Cost to rent a clean Physical Education uniform is: $1.00 shirt, shorts or both.
NO DRESS POLICY:
First day: Student is given a warning and stays in class to participate
Second day: Student is given final warning and sits out during activity followed by a parent phone call
Third day and beyond: Student is referred to office and assigned a PM school.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION LOCKERS AND LOCKS:
Students will be assigned a small locker to keep their Physical Education uniform, shoes, etc. for the school year. During Physical Education class students will be able to use a large locker located near their small locker. Students need be responsible for their belongings and make sure that their lockers are locked to avoid loss, theft, or belongings getting misplaced. Items in an unlocked small locker or a large locker will be removed and placed in the lost and found bin. Students may not change lockers or share a small Physical Education lockers. No belonging shall be left out of lockers at any time. Do not give your combination to other students. It is the student’s responsibility to purchase a new lock for $10.00 if they lose their assigned lock. All Physical Education and handbook policies/rules will apply in the locker room. Students remain seated by their locker until the teacher dismisses them.
A parent note is acceptable for a maximum of three days to be excused from participation.
Example: cold, headache, minor injuries
A doctor’s excuse is required for an injury or illness longer than 3 days.
Example: surgery, broken bone, extended illness