Supervised Activities For Children of Employed Parents
From the district's SAFE website:
SAFE is a self-sustaining program designed to provide quality before and after school care to children in School District U-46 currently enrolled in kindergarten through sixth grades while their parents work or further their own education. SAFE is not available at all schools. Click here for the list of current program locations.
- Opportunities for children to participate in organized games, arts & craft projects, computer or free choice activities.
- Time in the gym and/or outdoors.
- Homework assistance for students, though students are not required to do homework.
- Cold breakfast and afternoon snack.
- Beginning in 2015-2016 breakfast will be available through the school district's Department of Food and Nutrition Services.
On days schools are not in session during the academic year, an all-day SAFE program is available at different sites in the district. SAFE is not available during Winter Break, Spring Break and holidays.
Requirements for admission:
- Child must be a U-46 student in grades K-6.
- Child’s parents must be working or involved in furthering their own education.
2015-2016 Instructions and Guidelines
2015-2016 Registration Form
355 E. Chicago St., Room 225, Elgin, IL 60120