We offer a variety of programs and opportunities at Tropical Elementary:
· School Age Child Care – This is our before and after school on-site edu-care program. It offers a variety of extra-curricular opportunities: cheerleading, Tae Kwon Do, woodshop, Lego League, homework help, art projects, gardening, foreign language, etc.
- Apple Corps Volunteers - Parents and community members have been vital to the success of Tropical students. We encourage registered volunteers to assist in many areas throughout the school- classrooms, chaperone field trips and completing tasks on campus or at home.
- Student Council – Student council members are 5th and 6th graders chosen by election of their classmates. Council members meet bi-weekly throughout the year. They participate in community service events, serve as peer tutors and host teacher appreciation events.
- Strings and Chorus Program - Students in 5th and 6th grade perform at school events, in the community and have even performed at Disney.
- Accelerated Reader Program – Tropical students may participate in the AR program by reading and taking computerized tests to earn points.
- Book Bash - Children in 3rd-6th grade are encouraged to read the Sunshine State books. Students have an opportunity to be in a book club and possibly compete in a district contest.
- WTTT news production Crew – The Tropical Trailblazer Television Crew is a select group of 5th and 6th grade student who exhibit a high level of responsibility, leadership, team working skills, and commitment in producing the morning news show each day and filming special events during the school year.
- Safety Patrol – Safety Patrol members provide guidance and safety for all students while on campus during normal school hours.