Kindergarten Registration 2017-2018
Children must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2017.
Please click on the following link to begin the 2017-2018 kindergarten registration. All other registrations, please see More Information below.
After completing the online registration please call the school your child will attend to establish an appointment for the dates listed below. You may call 717.328.3127 anytime between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the following extensions:
Monday, March 27th Mercersburg 2500
Tuesday, March 28th Mt. View 2600
Wednesday March 29th Montgomery 2400
Thursday, March 30th St. Thomas 2700
Registration times are available 12 noon through 7:00 p.m. To reduce your wait time, we request that you call your school as soon as possible to schedule an appointment. If you are unable to make an appointment for a specific time, walk-ins will be accepted on the day of registration. Please recognize that appointments scheduled in advance will be handled before walk-ins; therefore, be prepared for a possible wait. If you are unsure which school to call please call 717.328.3127 x 2803 and we will be happy to help you.
Speech and general kindergarten preparedness screening will take place at the time of registration, so please bring your child with you.
The following information is required on the day of registration:
- Proof of child’s age – birth certificate, baptismal certificate
- Custodial documentation (if applicable)
- Immunization Record
- Two proofs of residency in the Tuscarora SD (i.e. mail, bill, lease, driver’s license)
- If your child(ren) will be transported from/to child care, please bring the name, address, and contact number of the provider. The child care must be within the boundary of the school your child attends.
The following documented immunizations are required for entrance into kindergarten:
- 4 Diphtheria Tetanus Pertussis (one dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- 3 Polio
- 2 Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Varicella (Chicken Pox) – either vaccine or date of disease
Begin all registrations by clicking on the following link:
follow these instructions:
After you have completed your online registration please call 717.328.3127 and then chose from the following appropriate extensions to make an appointment to complete the registration:
Child has an IEP, regardless of grade, please contact Danielle at 2804
(4773 Ft Loudon Rd, Mercersburg, PA 17236)
Grades 9th-12th; Mary 2206 (4773 Ft Loudon Rd, Mercersburg, PA 17236)
Grades 6th-8th; Laura 2040 (5221 Ft Loudon Rd, Mercersburg, PA 17236)
Grades K-5th; Chrissy 2802 (100 W Seminary St, Mercersburg, PA 17236)
If you did not load your documents online, you will need to bring:
Proof of Age
- Normally the Birth Certificate- This should be the state approved certificate; not the one from the hospital.
- The student cannot start until this is approved by our School Nurse.
Two (2) proofs of residence
- This can be anything that has your name and the address you will be residing at; driver's license, junk mail, online bill, lease.
Custodial Paperwork (if applicable)
If you have a question, concerning the documents, please feel free to call the above numbers and ask as every situation is not the same.