Did you know that schools follow USDA guidelines to plan meals? Have you every wondered about the nutritional benefits of a specific a food? Included here are some links to the USDA and other interesting sites with information on nutrition, meal planning, menus, and much more.
- School Nutrition Association Your child nutrition eSource. The ASFSA's site includes sections for students, parents, and teachers. You can ask an ASFSA nutritionist a question.
- Kid's Health Information for kids and parents about many areas relating to health and nutrition from newborns through teenagers. Find some fun ideas for kids.
- The Healthy Refrigerator Open the door to good nutrition and a healthy heart. It's time to get smart about your heart! See Mike Ditks's Fridge Makeover.
- American Egg Board What about that "incredible edible" egg?
- Dole Food Company Children of all ages will enjoy visiting this site and meeting Bobby Banana. Learn more about 5 A Day for Better Health.
- Minnesota Pork Producers Association Learn all about the many uses of pork and pork products. All is used, but the oink!
- Florida Department of Citrus How does orange juice get from the tree to your glass? Plus more citrus information from Florida.
- Goldkist The company is the second largest poultry processor in the US.
- The California Strawberry Commission What makes a strawberry so healthy? Strawberries are more than just great tasting!
- Big Oven - Restaurant and food calorie charts This site has great resources for calorie counters and restaurant calorie charts.
A Guide to Whole Foods An article about eating healty, eating whole foods (food that has not been processed or refined, or have undergone very little processing or refining) as a positive health change especially when dealing with diabetes.