Trick – or - Treat for UNICEF
Hello Parents and Guardians,
It is Halloween time and also the time when the Wyoming community, as in years past, joins together to support the U.S. Fund for UNICEF. Your child is bringing home a UNICEF box to carry when trick- or-treating to collect coins for this worthy cause.
UNICEF has saved more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization in the world. Working in over 190 countries, UNICEF provides children with health care, clean water, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. The U.S. Fund for UNICEF supports UNICEF’s work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. UNICEF continues to help children after hurricanes Maria & Irma, and the Mexican earthquake. You can read more about what UNICEF is doing to help children at: https://www.unicef.org/what-we-do
Safety is important and here are a few tips to remember for tick-or- treating:
- A parent or responsible adult should accompany children
- Bring a flashlight and cell phone
- Only go to homes with a porch light on
- Remind children to stay with the group
- Only cross streets as a group
- Make sure costumes are not too long, shoes fit well, and masks do not obstruct vision.
- Wait and check food and candy. Throw away anything suspicious or open
Please return the UNICEF boxes to the Health Office at Wyoming School By November 17th.
Thank You for Your Support.
Mrs. Eppinger, RN