Welcome Explorers to the 2015-2016 school year! My name is Sharon Chung and I am the school counselor here at YES. I am so excited to be a part of the wonderful Yorktown Elementary School community!!
As a professional school counselor, I look forward to working with students in a variety of fun ways!
- I will come into classrooms to talk about important topics such as bullying, friendship, test anxiety, family life, and many others!
- With parent permission, I will work with groups of students with common interests or struggles so that we can help each other out and connect with each other. Some of these groups include: new student group, study skills group, girl power group, divorce/separation group, and deployment group.
- I will meet with students individually who need someone to talk to about academic, social, and/or emotional issues. As your school counselor, I am here for you!
- I will work with parents to make sure that they feel that their child is taken care of at YES.
- I will be heavily involved in some school-wide programs throughout the year, including: Bully Awareness Month, Red Ribbon Week, Gifted Education/Testing, and Character Education and Awards.
Together, we can become curious students, responsible citizens, and kind members of our YES community. :)
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at:
- Phone number: 757-890-5061
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I can't wait to get to know you and your know you, your child, and our faculty will have a wonderful year working together to make sure your child's education and well-being are taken care of!
All the best,