Barton Jr High School
New requirements recently announced by the Arkansas Department of Health include several additional immunizations for Arkansas school students and will become mandatory for the 2014-15 school year. A summary of the new requirements is listed below.
All students must be up-to-date with their immunizations in order to start school in August 2014. Documentation of immunizations must be turned in to the School Nurse prior to the start of school. Immunizations can be obtained from your local health departments by appointment only. You may call Ouachita Co. Health Department at 870-836-5033 or Union Co. Health Department at 870-863-5101. It’s not too early to get those immunizations!!
New Immunizations Required
(1) ONE Hepatitis A required on ALL Kindergarten students. All first graders will be required to have ONE Hep A and then a SECOND dose at least 6 months after the first vaccine.
(2) ALL students in K-12 will be required to have TWO Varicella (chickenpox) vaccinations, unless documentation by a medical provider (MD, APRN, OR PA) is provided.
(3) ONE dose Tdap required on ALL students who are 11 years old by September 1st of each year.
(4) One dose Meningococcal (MCV4) required for 7th grade and a second dose at age 16 years. If not vaccinated prior to age 16 years as of September 1st of current school year, one dose only required.
(5) ALL students K-12 will be required to have 4 doses of Polio vaccine with one dose on or after their 4th birthday and with a minimum interval of 6 months between the 3rd and 4th doses.
May 20th- May 23rd... make up May 27th
Please call 864-5052 if your student will be absent or late for school. Thank you.