Bel Air Middle School
In the near future, your child will be taking the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC). The assessment will begin Tuesday, April 17, 2018 and conclude Wednesday, May 16, 2018 with each grade level testing on separate days. Please reference the grade level dates below. The PARCC assessment is aligned with the Maryland College and Career Ready Standards and will provide useful information regarding your child’s progress in reading, writing, and math. Additional information regarding the PARCC assessments can be viewed online at www.parcconline.org.
All testing will occur in the morning between 8:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. All students will be testing online this year. If possible, please have your child bring in a pair of wired headphones/earbuds for testing. We will have earbuds for those students who do not bring their own pair. We appreciate your support in helping your child perform to their best ability by:
- Making sure your child gets enough rest each night so they are prepared each morning.
- Make sure your child is present and on time each testing day in order to avoid make-up testing.
- If possible, making appointments for your child after 11:00 a.m. on testing days.
- Encourage your child to eat a good breakfast.
- Most importantly, please encourage your child to show perseverance by staying on task and doing his/her best work.
Feel free to contact the school with any specific questions related to PARCC. Thank you for your continued cooperation and support of your child’s education.
8th Grade Testing: 7th Grade
April 17th - April 26th April 27th - May 7th
6th Grade Testing
May 8th-May 16th
Natalie N. Holloway, Principal
99 Idlewild Street • Bel Air, Maryland 21014-4197 • 410-638-4140 • Fax 410-638-4144
99 Idlewild Street
Bel Air, MD 21014
(410) 638-4144 (fax)
Natalie Holloway, Principal
Matthew Koester, Assistant Principal
Kelly Curio, Assistant Principal
Laura Silk, Assistant Principal